Tuesday, February 22, 2011

#W2P Mania...

Tonight I was at a #W2P event that I was co-organizing with two great colleagues. The event was at Milestones on Wellington, near the Rideau Centre. It was one of the most attended events we've had so far, I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 events that had more people. However, I noticed something really interesting about tonight, I was surprised to see a lot of new faces, people that I had not met before. It was nice to see people coming up to me and saying thanks for organizing this event. I worked the room and talked to a variety of people. I am very happy, as my two other organizers should be about this event, as it was truly a social networking event! I figured I'd add some images from the evening, including my favorite name badge, aka Twitter handle and three random facts about yourself. At the last meetup, it was suggested that people add three random facts about yourself. These are nice as they are possible conversation starters for people moving around the room and not just wondering who'se that person via their Twitter name. Here are my photos:



I like my buddy Cameron is waving hello in this one!





And my favorite photo of the evening was a friend, who had the most creative way of adding her Twitter handle, and notes, with a nice little bird, quite stylish!

4 comments:

  1. Great post Jeremie! Glad to see so many familiar faces and so many people. The w2p vibe continues to spread! And you've been there since the beginning! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great #w2p mixer Jer, kudos to you Steph and Suesan for organizing it! Amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug: Thanks! We wouldn't be doing these things without your initial inspiration. Thanks for that Doug.

    Jodi: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I did not get to chat with you Jodi, I saw you across the room but someone did not make it out to you to talk. Thanks for a really great turnout and the great chats. It really was nice to see some new faces and meet some new people. I wish i could have stayed later - I usually burn the midnight oil on the w2p i make it out for but I was a bit burned out and my feet were aching. Note to self - do not wear your brand new Michael Kors high heeled boots to a w2p.... :) To next time peeps - much love and appreciation for all that you have given me. S.

    ReplyDelete